Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Cookie Caper '08: #5 - Snickerdoodles

Here's another cookie recipe that isn't new, but it's still really REALLY good! I'm a newfound snickerdoodle lover. I never even knew what they were until Josh asked me to make them last year because they're his favorite cookie. If you've never had one either, they're sugar cookies coated with cinnamon sugar. They're slightly crunchy around the edges and perfectly soft in the center. Definitely a keeper in the Christmas Cookie Caper's Final 5! This recipe comes from AllRecipes.com (my favorite recipe website). I'm pretty sure this is the highest rated Snickerdoodle recipe. It totally deserves first place. Leave these for Santa and you are SO getting the best presents on the block!

Snickerdoodles
Makes about 30 large cookies

MY NOTES: Increase the cinnamon-sugar coating to 3 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp cinnamon. If you make them smaller, they will be done in 7 minutes. Mine were done in 9 minutes. They are slightly crunchy around the edges and soft in the middle... Yum!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.


5 comments:

Jamieanne said...

I'm a big Snickerdoodle fan too! These look great! :)

Snooky doodle said...

Do these cookies keep for a long time. Since i m planning of giving some treats at Christmas but i think if I make them a week in advance they ll be soft and bleahh by Christmas. What do you think?

These look great !!

holly* said...

i am going to make these RIGHT NOW!

holly* said...

made the cookies! they're super yum! thanks for the recipe. i think its a keeper!

AznHyperGirl said...

OMG ... i made these yesterday and I must be a total moron ... but an awesome moron! I rolled my dough ball to about 3/4"D and ended up with 144 cookies!! 24 cookies on each baking sheet!! It was insane!! AND ... I somehow ate some and gave most of them away to happy happy ppl!! They were soooo Yummy! and they better keep ... no time to test it out. I'm sending a batch to my gf in Iraq!!