Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cupcake Poll #21: "Cupcake Heaven" by Susanna Blake

All of the cupcakes from this week's poll come from Susannah Blake's Cupcake Heaven. It's the newest cupcake cookbook in my ever-growing collection. Without further adieu, here are your choices!
UPDATE: The poll has been extended to August 26. I forgot I have a Daring Bakers challenge to do on my day off this week!

This week's poll:
  • Blueberry & Lemon Cupcakes:
    Bright lemon cupcakes speckled with fresh blueberries and topped with zesty cream cheese frosting!
  • Banoffee Cupcakes:
    Banana cupcakes with caramel candies baked right in, topped with whipped cream, caramel, and a banana slice!
  • Tropical Cupcakes:
    A tropical pineapple cupcake, topped with coconut mango mascarpone frosting (say that 10 times fast)!

22 comments:

CB said...

I voted for lemon-blueberry. I like blueberries but I love lemon so I am curious to see if you think this recipe is adapted to substituting strawberries or other berries. Yum!
/Clara

Jessica said...

I vote blueberry-lemon as well- a nice combo and I have blueberries coming out of my ears these days!

Baking Housewife said...

How weird... i have actually just been reading that very same book at the local Waterstones in the uk!! they all look lovely but i will be voting lemon-blueberry as i seem to be completely obsessed with lemon at the moment!!

Hope you had a good birthday xx

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!

I vote for the tropical cupcakes. I may have to buy that cookbook, too.

Unknown said...

Oh, they all sound so good. But I can't resist anything with Mango:-}

Sequana said...

bananas and caramels and whipped cream.....i'm having an orgasm here

CookiePie said...

They all sound yummy, but lemon-blueberry is one of my all-time favorite combos, so that gets my vote!

Nessie @ bakingequalslove said...

Banoffee banoffee banoffee!!! please :)

Anonymous said...

banoffee please!

Snooky doodle said...

Ha I can 't beleive it. I was working on a recipe for banoffe cupcakes. :-) so surely i ll vote for them. Blueberry are not available were I live :-( Banoffee is better

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chamberlaine Beard said...

The banoffee sounds just odd enough to be totally delicious!
I vote for those :D

MP Cake Studio said...

I live in country where is not easy to find fresh blueberries (but a friend brought a little box), so I would to try this recipe, PLEASE LEMON BLUEBRRIES!!!

Nancy said...

I vote for Blueberry and Lemon because I have a bunch of blueberries to use up. Yum. But also because I have no idea what Banoffee is. Love your blog by the way.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say Banoffee, but then i realised I have Blueberries and Lemons at home just waiting to be baked in to something... :)

ingegerd said...

i vote for the banoffee cupcake!! i have to buy the book , me to!!

Anonymous said...

Tropical!

Unknown said...

Banoffee for me! Sounds scrumptious!!

Lorena said...

I vote for the Tropical Cupcakes!

Stef said...

Looks like there is a clear leader on this one. The banana cupcakes sound fantastic!

Suze said...

I know Banoffee is winning ...but I think you should do the blueberry lemon! please!! :)

Mignon said...

Tropical Cupcakes Please!