Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lollipop Tree® Blondie Mix w/ Belgian Chocolate

Before Stephanie left, I want the two of us to bake one last thing together. We were originally going to make cookies, but I couldn't think of anything except the same old boring cookies like chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin. Thank goodness I have a "pantry" (AKA cardboard box full of groceries that I don't want my parents or brother getting into) in my room overflowing with various mixes from TJ Maxx and other places of the sort. We decided to make these blondies because they would be easy to pack in a container to take with us on the 4.5 hour roadtrip back to her house. They tasted really delicious, but making them was slightly confusing. The only 2 ingredients mentioned in the instructions were 9 tablespoons of butter and 1 egg. When we mixed it all together, it was as stiff as cookie dough (I thought it was strange that the alternate instructions for "Chocolate Chip Cookies" were exactly the same, except for forming the dough into balls and baking on a cookie sheet). There was no way this stuff was going to magically transform into a blondie in the oven... a giant square cookie maybe, but definitely not a blondie! We starting adding water 1 tablespoon at a time until it looked like normal brownie batter (9 tablespoons total). We also added some chopped walnuts because we're awesome like that. Then we baked it according to the directions. The final result was a deliciously moist, cake-like brownie. They tasted so good that my mind totally wandered away from the fact that I was blogging them, and I didn't even get a picture of the finished product. Just take my word for it that they looked and tasted fabulous. I totally recommend this mix if you're into spending $3.99 for an 8x8 pan of brownies!
See? You are all witnesses that there is no mention of adding liquid!Stephanie chopped some toasted walnuts. Then I cut the butter into the mix.One egg is added.Aaaannnndddd... you end up with a bowl of cookie dough!Until you add 9 tablespoons of water!
And that's where the pictures stop. But you get the point. Now go shopping!

4 comments:

Gigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gigi said...

Great post! You left me in suspense of the finished blondie. And I also have the same problem with Billy. They come out perfect but just a tad dry.

Lucie said...

I love blondies!! Have you ever tried the martha stewart recipe? I find it's really easy to make and the result is always satisfying, even though it's always pretty thin. Then again, that's always the perfect justification to why I ate the whole thing.

Glad to see someone else has a TJ Maxx obsession (although mine is frustrating, because all of it takes place on the phone with my parents "I sent you this, this and this from TJ Maxx, you'll get in two weeks")!

Deb said...

Hi:-) Just followed you here from Flickr, after following a google search for Lollipop Blondies! I commented on your flickr pics, so I won't do that here. . .just wanted to say these ARE so yummy!!