Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cupcake Poll #20: Decadent Cupcakes

Yeah, yeah... ALL cupcakes are decadent. But wait til you get a load of these insane cuppies from Cupcakes by Shelly Kaldunski! Vote in the poll on the left-hand side until June 17th. Then stay tuned to see which one wins!

This week's poll:
  • Salted Caramel Cupcakes:
    Brown sugar cupcakes frosted with Caramel Swirl Buttercream and sprinkled with coarse salt for a striking flavor!
  • Tres Leches Cupcakes:
    Light & airy cupcakes soaked in "three milks" spiked with rum and topped with whipped cream!
  • Tiramisu Cupcakes:
    Yellow cupcakes soaked with a coffee flavored liqueur mixture and topped with mascarpone cream!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waitaminnit... this book isn't even out yet! What high-powered people do you know to get access to such delicious recipes before the rest of us schmucks?

Suze said...

I voted for the salted caramel....but I have to admit..I'd be ok with ALL of them!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Kimberly, you're the second person to tell me this book isn't out yet. I don't know anyone important, I picked it up earlier this year at a Williams-Sonoma store with a gift card I got for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Williams-Sonoma? I'll have to check that out. I have to admit, I do most of my shopping on Amazon, and if they say it's not out yet I just stop looking. But next time I'm at a *real* mall, I'll stop in and take a look. Regardless, I'm so happy you're going to share them with us -- I'm looking forward to hearing how any one of these recipes come out. I love your blog BTW. :)

Megan said...

The first one sounds very delicious I am always up for something sweet & salty. Thanks for leaving me a comment. Yes that is a smart car. I forgot to mention that. You should open your own cup cakery if you haven't already!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Kimberly, if you search "Shelly Kaldunski" in the search box at the top of the page, the cupcakes I've made from that book will come up! :)

Anonymous said...

They all sound great but I am a tres leche fan so my vote goes for that one! Can't wait to find out the winner!!

the southern hostess said...

These all sound delicious, but I'm gonna go with tiramisu.

marae said...

see...i toldya it wasn't even out yet!! heheee.

btw i just made tiramisu cupcakes today for a cooworker's italian themed birthday tomorrow...i will let you know how mine turned out!