Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cupcake Poll #17 - Tea Cakes

As I understand it, "tea cakes" are just mini cupcakes without frosting, making them less messy than regular cupcakes. They are usually topped with a glaze or a dusting of confectioners sugar. I've never had a problem with messy cupcakes, but I noticed a few recipes for tea cakes in Cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans. They seemed pretty cute. So here is your poll for the 4th week of the 4th month. Feel free to leave comments here, but make sure you cast your vote in the poll on the left-hand side of the blog.
This week's poll:
  • Butter Almond Tea Cakes:
    Mini pound cake cupcakes flavored with almond paste and drizzled with a simple powdered sugar glaze!
  • Caramel-Covered Tea Cakes:
    Mini yellow cupcakes dunked in a penuche-like caramel glaze!
  • Lemon Sponge Tea Cakes:
    Featherlight mini lemon cupcakes topped with a dusting of powdered sugar!

11 comments:

CB said...

::chanting::
caramel, caramel, caramel!

Sam said...

After checking it out from the library, I decided to buy myself and a friend the Cupcakes book by Klivans. It is awesome! I think I have nearly every recipe flagged with post-its :-)

Can't wait to see the tea cakes!

Sequana said...

Those lemon ones would remind me of the lemon square cookies that I just LOVE!

Skulleigh said...

Mmmm... lemon...

my mouth, eeeet waters!

ExpatCentral said...

Going with the lemon this month! Woot!

Tempered Woman said...

I'm have severe caramel issues. I'm working on them. But I'm going to vote for the Almond cause it seems like lemon and caramel are all over the blogosphere lately!

Anonymous said...

I vote for...

Butter Almond Tea Cakes:
Mini pound cake cupcakes flavored with almond paste and drizzled with a simple powdered sugar glaze!


These are the most like petit fours which are what I would think are what most people refer to when they are talking about a teacake. These tiny yummy cakes are traditionally served with tea.

They're little cakes that are brushed with an apirot glaze, coated in marzipan and then topped with poured fondant.

Good luck...Can't wait to see them!

Sweet Sins said...

Butter Almond... YEP for sure BUTTER ALMOND

Kristin said...

Butter almond for me!!

Anonymous said...

Nice work!

Leah said...

This is a very cool idea. Great Blog!