Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cupcake Poll #13 - When Life Hands You Lemons!

There are a few lemons just hanging out in my fridge. For the past week I've been slicing them up and squeezing them in my water and tea. But I believe these lemons have a higher purpose. I don't usually like citrus flavored desserts, but I'm hoping to change my own mind! These cupcakes will be made Sunday Feb. 17 for a Daytona 500 party my parents are going to. All the recipes are from Cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans (unless you want to suggest something better)!

This week's poll:

  • Lemon Meringue Cupcakes:
    "Hot-milk cake" is the base for this cupcake with lemon filling and a billowy toasted meringue topping!
  • Lemon and Raspberry Cupcakes:
    A lemon angelfood cupcake smothered with black raspberry glaze!
  • Lemon Butterfly Cupcakes:
    Also called a "fairy cake," a lemon cupcake topped with lemony whipped cream and cake wings!

12 comments:

CB said...

I voted! Now before I would have chosen the lemon+raspberry combo but after my recent tasting of LMP and finding out I LOVE it, I chose the lemon meringue cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with the Lemon-Raspberry! Can't go wrong with raspberries....

Anonymous said...

I voted for the butterfly cupcakes because my mom used to make them for me all the time when I was little. :)

Alanna said...

Lemon Butterfly Cupcakes sound heavenly! I want to try those! :)

Anonymous said...

I vote for the Butterfly cuppies, of course I think it would be awesome if you could crack the code and make a cupcake version of the Olive Garden's Lemon Dream cake.
Happy Baking!

Rachel said...

I love all the cupcakes from that book. You can't go wrong!

Amanda said...

The Lemon-Raspberry sound delicious!

CWYT said...

i vote lemon and raspberries! that sounds so fruity and light but also sensual, just because of the black raspberries...yum

Natalie said...

I voted for lemon butterflies even though I think butterflies are disgusting. I like the word "fluffy."

Anonymous said...

I choose the butterfly cakes because my mom used to make them, and I've been trying to find a good recipe for a LOOONG TIME!

Anonymous said...

hey cassie i hope u know who this is but if u dont thats cool but anyway its ur cousin chelsea baker email me @ myspace tell everyone i said hey luv ya!!!!

ps. luvv the website

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Hey Chelsea! That's great that you read my blog. I don't know how to reach you on myspace :(