Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cupcake Poll #7 - Fall Flavors

Sadly, Fall is right around the corner. So to ease the pain of summer's end I'll be making an Autumn inspired cupcake. Hopefully a yummy cupcake will make the change of seasons a little more pleasant. These recipes are from 500 Cupcakes by Fergal Connolly.


This week's poll:

  • Carrot & Walnut Cupcakes:
    A sweet carrot cupcake with walnuts and golden raisins topped with cream cheese-walnut frosting!
  • Cinnamon & Oat-Topped Banana Cupcakes:
    A banana cupcake with a cinnamon oat topping baked on! And why not put a dollop of cream cheese frosting on top?
  • Maple Walnut Spiced Sour Cream Cupcakes:
    A dense sour cream cupcake flavored with nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice and chock full of golden raisins and pecans with cream cheese frosting!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm! Maple walnut spice! That sounds heavenly!

Steph said...

I'm going to have to say #3. There is just something so wonderful about that combonation of spices. So Autumn! I'm excited to see your post!

Campfyrgirl said...

My first choice was #3 until I read raisins so I had to go with #2. I may have to try #3 myself (just omit the raisins).

. . . said...

they all sound amazing. i'm crossing my fingers for the maple walnut though!

Becky said...

Ooh I'm going for #2 for the same reason as campfyrgirl, lol.

nilla cookie said...

I love the earthy and rich flavors we get when fall rolls around. I voted for number three and can't wait to see how it will turn out so that I can make these for Thanksgiving this year! :D