Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Chocolate "Surprise" Cupcakes

Today, I hadn't made a cupcake since Memorial Day, but I didn't feel going to the store to buy a lot of ingredients to make some really incredible "from scratch" cupcakes. I looked in my kitchen for whatever I could find to make really incredible "from a box" cupcakes. I found a box of devil's food cake, a can of whipped chocolate frosting, a package of cream cheese, a half empty tub of cool whip, and some semi-sweet chocolate chips. Okay, I lied... I drove to the store to get the chocolate chips. Anyways, this is what I threw together...

(really ugly, lumpy, & bumpy) devil's food cupcakes coolingI used the cone method to add some no-bake cheesecake with chocolate chips.
I was too lazy to make frosting. Thankfully everyone in my family is perfectly happy with canned whipped frosting.the inside!!

I was weary because I thought box mix and canned frosting would gang up on me since I abandoned them a few months ago. Yes, they did taste like they were a shortcut dessert, BUT they were delicious.

No-bake cheesecake filling:

1 8-ounce package cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Cool Whip
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Beat cream cheese and sugar until it's smooth and the sugar is dissolved.
Fold in Cool Whip and chocolate chips. (I actually have no idea about the amount of chocolate chips I used, because I just opened the bag and dumped some in until it looked right.)
Add about 1 or 2 teaspoons to each cupcake using the cone method.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you used no bake cheese cake for the filling.... I LOVE CHEESECAKE!! I'm going to experiment with a strawberry frosting and cupcake. I will let you know how they turn out seeing how you weren't a big fan of the strawberry cupcakes you made for memorial day.

-Linda

Oh yeah, I added you on my blogroll because I love checking out your site, hope you don't mind.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a nifty spin to a black bottom cupcake. very creative!

Anonymous said...

Those look REALLY good. I'm giving them the "Homer" stare right now. lawlz

-Eric