Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cheesecake Cupcakes

My original plan for baking cupcakes with my cousin was to make 3 different flavors while she was here. However, with a continuous stream of cupcake cookbooks arriving in the mail, we couldn't help but throw another batch in the mix. My parents invite friends over every Tuesday night for hot wings. My cousin and I decided to make the dessert.

ingredients for cheesecake cupcakes filling the cups with the very watery batter chocolate chip and plain cheesecakes cooling chocolate chip, cherry, and plain cheesecake cupcakes the Oreo crust of chocolate chip cheesecakes cherry cheesecake and a chocolate chip cheesecake hiding in the back

I had a cherry cupcake and a chocolate chip cupcake for breakfast this morning, and they were both delicious! The recipe says it yields 1 dozen, but I beg to differ. After doubling the recipe I ended up with 43 cupcakes (there would've been more if the dog hadn't sniffed out the bowl of leftover batter).

Here is the recipe from 500 Cupcakes.

MY NOTES: One batch yields about 24 cupcakes NOT 12. I left out the blueberries. I used half of an Oreo for crust and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips on some, and I used canned cherry topping for others. I only had 3 3/4 cups of ricotta so I added 1/4 cup sour cream.

Baked Cheesecakes
These mouthwatering little cupcakes make stunning individual desserts. Make them ahead of time and all you'll have to do is pop them on a plate when your guests are ready.

1 cup (4 1/2 oz.) graham cracker crumbs
5 tbsp. sweet butter, melted
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups cream cheese, softened
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 325'F (160'C). Place 12 paper baking cups in a muffin pan.
Put the cracker crumbs into a medium bowl and stir in the butter. Spoon tablespoons of the crumb mixture into the cups, pressing firmly into the bottom. Chill until set.
In a large bowl, beat the ricotta until smooth. Add the cream cheese, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar, blending until smooth. Slowly add the eggs, blending well. Spoon the mixture into the cups.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack. Chill until time to serve. Serve topped with blueberries.

Store covered for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.

Makes 1 dozen

11 comments:

. . . said...

they look great-- especially the chocolate chip ones.

did you just put an entire oreo on the bottom of the muffin cups before pouring in batter? or was it just half of the cookie?
either way, that's a really cool idea that i'd like to try myself =)

Baboona said...

nice blog!!
I want those cheesecake cupcakes now :)

pily said...

cherry cheesecake cuppies!!! I'll bake some this weekend and I also love the oreo bottom cookie, I might make some strange mix this weekend.

Nice blog!

Anonymous said...

Looks good, except that I don't like cherries.

-Eric

Anonymous said...

i tried making them and they all sank. i think it may have been because i overfilled the cupcakes but the ones i didn't over fill sank too.

Anonymous said...

In my 2 attempts at cheesecake cuppies, the wrappers always lose shape as the cheese "pulls" them in. They're always ugly and look like scrambled eggs despite following directions to the T.

Shannon said...

going to have to make the oreo/chocolate chip ones looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

As for the chocolate chip ones, am I adding chocolate chips into the batter or just putting them on top as they cool?

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Anonymous, I sprinkled them on top before they baked. :)

Anonymous said...

could you leave these out in room temp for 1 day?

Anonymous said...

can you make these cupcakes without the crust?