Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cupcake Poll #15 - "March"mallow

I decided to do something different this month. I love you all and have great faith in each of you. This is why I'm giving you the power..... *drum roll*..... to choose the cupcakes I make for Cupcake Hero this month! Gasp! Yes, I believe in you, and I know you'll make the right decision. The Cupcake Hero theme for March is marshmallow. Well what are you waiting for? Start voting!
*This poll is extended to March 18*
This week's poll:
  • Rocky Road Cupcakes:
    The ice cream flavor combines chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts... Why not a cupcake version featuring the same trio!
  • Yeti Cupcakes:
    Let's give Winter one last "hurrah" with these cupcakes named after the Abominable Snowman. White velvet cake flecked with mini marshmallows, topped with fluffy coconut frosting!
  • Peanut Butter & Fluff Cupcakes:
    Remember the sandwich you ate as a kid? Peanut butter cake and marshmallow fluff frosting make this combo even better as a cupcake!

14 comments:

Alanna said...

A Yeti cupcake just sounds like too much fun...I have to vote for it!

the southern hostess said...

I have to say Rocky Road - it's such a classic combination.

Anonymous said...

Yeti cupcake. I'm just not feeling rocky road or peanut butter right now.

Hey, before I forget. Have you ever tried making Lychee cupcakes? I tried the other night and it was a failure. I made a mistake with the batter but I still wasn't overly impressed with the end result. And I'm not sure if I fixed my mistake if I would still enjoy them. But yeah. Maybe its just me. Weeeeeeeeeell if you ever are in need of a cupcake experiment, want to give em a try? Or, if you have done em, I would love to hear your opinion :)

Link to the recipe I attempted:

http://cupcakeblog.com/index.php/2005/08/recipe-lychee-coconut-cupcakes-with-ginger-cream-cheese-frosting-candied-ginger-sprinkles-and-sugar-decorations/

Unknown said...

Yeti Cupcakes ALL THE WAY... Rocky Road... nothing too new there... Peanut butter... been there done that... but YETI CUPCAKES I mean doesn't the thought of that cupcake just make you smile??

Anonymous said...

They all sound good, but I have to go for Rocky Road!

ExpatCentral said...

Rocky Road gets my vote!

Ang said...

Rocky road sounds great!! Yum!

Suze said...

Yeti!!! Anything with coconut!

Mignon said...

Hey, cupcake girl, I never got around to making cupcakes from scratch. But, I made the Swiss Meringue Buttercream. Dang! it was awsome. The video, was a frosting saver. I was bummed it was so runny but as I was watching the video. I heard my frosting start thumping against the bowl. I had a winner. Thank you.

Marq said...

Rocky Road. You can never go wrong with Rocky Road, not even on a cupcake! Yum!

LadyCakes said...

YETIIIII!!! yuummm

to answer ur question about the penguin waffle maker... it was the best thing my ex ever gave me! hahah how adorable is it?
i dont know if u can still get them in Oz anymore a company called Sunbeam made them... ive seen em on ebay...

i love waffles... shaped like penguins...

hahah and i wanna see Yeti Cupcakes! im going to VOTE now

allison said...

i vote rocky road! my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I'm all for Yeti cupcakes - I'm not a Rocky Rad fan (plus, I've tried them in cake form - meh).

Yeti cupcakes sound awesome and I bet my little guy would LOVe them!

Anonymous said...

The Yeti cupcakes sound awesome!