Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cupcake Poll #14 - Cupcakes Galore!

This past week I went crazy and bought 3 more cupcake books. Not like I needed to because I already had 5! But how can I resist them? The pictures are so cute, and you can NEVER have enough cupcake recipes. So this week's recipes will come from the newest addition to my collection. I just received Cupcakes Galore by Gail Wagman in the mail today. Gotta love Amazon.com's used book prices!

This week's poll:


  • Cappucino Cupcakes:
    A light coffee cupcake topped with fluffy coffee meringue frosting!

  • Crème Brulée Cupcakes:
    The original dessert is vanilla custard sprinkled with sugar and heated so the sugar burns and makes a sweet crust. Imagine a cupcake version!

  • Peche Melba Cupcakes:
    It's not a type-o, it's French. A moist peach cupcake topped with raspberry cream and sweet raspberry sauce!

23 comments:

Alanna said...

Oh my gosh...I love creme brulee....

CB said...

::putting on cheerleader outfit::
Creme brulee... all the way!
-Clara

Unknown said...

oh how exciting !!! new cupcake books...I have to get some

I love just looking at a cupcake...they make me SMILE!!!

Cheers,
Diana

Anonymous said...

Peche Melba! That is an awesome combination! <3 I wanna help!

Marq said...

Mmmm, Peche Melba sounds great!


I love your blog by the way!

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Cappucino Cupcakes

ExpatCentral said...

Creme brulee, oh yeah....

Megan said...

Creme brulee all the way!!!

M said...

Squeeel! Creme Brulee!

Mignon said...

I ran across your blog and it's so cute. I tried to vote but it won't process my vote. Cappucino sound MMmmm. Really, they all sound good. You make me want to try making cupcakes, from scratch. I haven't made scratch anything in years. I can't wait. Thanks Minn

Anonymous said...

love your blog!

my vote is for creme brulee..
yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my - creme brulee sounds fabu!

As for cupcake books, do you own "A Baker's Field Guide to Cupcakes" by Dede Wilson? Great book!

Unknown said...

A cupcake library. Excellent! Why not a cupcake salad bowl, savory cupakes for dinner (chicken-pot-pie cupcake? That would be chicken-pot-cupcake. Then make my desert a decaf cappucino cupcake. Please. S

Anonymous said...

Cappucino!

Beth said...

Creme brulee for me -I love the combinations you come up with-love the blog,too!

Beth said...

Creme brulee for me-three great choices this week
I love the blog!

Anonymous said...

I am so curious to see that they would do for creme brulee!

shannie cakes said...

creme brulee for the win.

Lorena said...

creme brulee sounds awesome!

Unknown said...

Okay I voted for the cappucino, but now looking at yout description of the creme brulee, I gotta go with the unique! S

Tempered Woman said...

Yeah! I was just checking back to make sure creme brulee won. Def one of my all time favorite desserts.

Anonymous said...

I like the 500 cupcakes book.

Anonymous said...

Crème Brulée!!!! WHEE!