Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Monday, July 16, 2007

Update and Cupcake Poll #2

My cousin, Stephanie, who was living with me for the past month just left this morning to go back home to North Carolina. That means my cupcake baking partner has left me lonely in the kitchen. However, this does not mean I'll be making fewer cupcakes. Actually, I might be making more. My parents have what they like to call "wing night" every Tuesday night. They invite friends over, sit out on the back porch, drink, make hot wings, and have a good 'ole time. Sometimes one of the wives would bring over a dessert (brownies, cookies, etc..), but I asked if I could be the designated dessert lady. I need the practice, and a handful of drunk adults sounds like a nice test audience to me... j/k. But seriously, if it works out you might see a new batch of cupcakes every week! How exciting!

As for the poll I had over on the right... someone abused it and voted repeatedly for PB&J cupcakes until it was a towering winner. So, I decided to scratch the whole poll idea until I can find one that limits to one vote per computer. And I've been meaning to ask, what does everyone think about being able to choose what kind of cupcakes I make each week? Should I put a new poll up every week and let the public choose?
EDIT: While I wasn't looking, Blogger added a poll to the list of optional page elements. I think letting my readers choose the cupcakes I make sets me apart from other cupcake bloggers. My poll will change weekly, as I will hopefully be baking a new batch every Tuesday unless something comes up.

This week's poll:
  • White chocolate & strawberry cupcakes (from 500 Cupcakes):
    Strawberry cupcakes with white chocolate chips and strawberry cream cheese frosting
  • Hummingbird cupcakes (from Cupcake Bakeshop):
    A summery, southern recipe including pineapple, bananas, and pecans with cream cheese frosting
  • Chocolate mint cupcakes (from 500 Cupcakes):
    Chocolate cupcakes with mint chocolate chips and minty buttercream frosting

Thank you to everyone who reads this blog for all your input and comments so far. I really appreciate it. I'm still surprised at how many page visits I have managed to rack up. Thanks so much for all the support.

- Cassie

4 comments:

my sweet tooth said...

Love your blog! I voted for the Hummingbird Cupcakes -- take advantage of the season and use the summery ingredients!

Anonymous said...

i think the poll idea is great, and have already voted on the new one. your cuppiecakes are always really cute, by the way.

. . . said...

i wish i could find a built-in group of tasters for my baked goods!

Anonymous said...

I love being a part of the votes. I only vote one time every time.

-Eric