Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Saturday, July 21, 2007

Devil's Food Cupcakes with Leftover SMBC

When you spend all day on flickr staring at pictures of cupcakes, it's really hard to fight a cupcake craving. Thursday, I wanted a cupcake and I wanted it IMMEDIATELY! I found some devil's food cake mix in the cabinet, whipped up the leftover frosting from Tuesday's cupcakes, added some sprinkles, and VOILA!...
About half an hour later, there's a knock on my front door. It's my boyfriend, Mike, with his friend who had just done Mike's tattoo. They took care of about 6 cupcakes. Mike got a text message from a girl in my neighborhood. She had a death in her family, so there went 4 more cupcakes. I wrapped them up nicely in one of the cupcake boxes I bought about 2 weeks ago with some ribbon from Michael's Arts & Crafts. The three of us walked 3 blocks to her house in the middle of the night to give them to her!

4 comments:

freakgirl said...

That frosting is so shiny and looks delicious! Mmmmmm.

my sweet tooth said...

I love the frosting patterns from that top view. That was really sweet of you guys to bring the friend cupcakes. :)

Anonymous said...

You know you should start selling thoes and give me a discout, cause I'm your friend. hahhahaha

-Eric

Anonymous said...

and i want to again thank you for bringing me those 4 cupcakes that were delicious. they helped cheer me up and knowing you guys cared enough to bring them to me made me feel even better. thank you. =]