Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Monday, June 25, 2007

Cupcake Poll #1

I'm going to start something new in the cupcake blog world. I added a poll so you get to choose what cupcakes I make next!
Stephanie and I are going to make 2 more flavors before she leaves July 17th. There is a poll on the right-hand side of this blog. Please vote or leave a different suggestion on this entry. We're going to choose the 2 with the highest votes by July 5th and July 15th!

The 5 ideas so far are:
A) Billy's Vanilla Vanilla Cupcakes w/ Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream
B) Samoas®
C) Coconut Clouds (Coconut Cupcakes, Snowball Frosting)
D) Peanut Butter & Jelly
E) S'mores (Graham Cupcakes, 7-Minute Frosting)

...Or please suggest something else; a different recipe for a current idea or something else altogether.

- Cassie

7 comments:

. . . said...

samoas! oh, those girl scouts really know their flavors.

Natalie said...

I had lots of fun making these: http://nataliecakes.wordpress.com/2007/04/04/hostess-with-the-mostess-cakes/
I think I mentioned what changes I would make the next time. Just use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe, the filling recipe I posted, then make a quick ganache, let it set up on top of each cupcake and write whatever you want to or do the classic squiggle with left over filling.

Anonymous said...

I love chocolate and Vanilla so that is my vote!

I would love to know how to adapt a recipe. I want to try pear cupcake with raspberry frosting but don't know how to go about it. Any hints?

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Anonymous, I am a novice baker, so I would not be the right person to give advice on adapting recipes.

Try http://www.cupcakeblog.com


:)

Anonymous said...

I'm really curious about these coconut clouds...... sounds light and summery!

Yummers! said...

I am craving cupcakes after reading your post and browsing your site. My daughters always say that a cupcake is the perfect dessert. One of my girls is planning her wedding and will be having a cupcake wedding cake.
Joni

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

farah, never fear! those cupcake clouds will show up eventually on this blog!

joni, your daughters are SO right! i can't think of anything more delightful and satisfying than a soft, sweet cupcake!