Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Monday, June 25, 2007

Devil's Food Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting... From the Easy-Bake Oven!

My cousin is living with me for a month, and a few days ago we found Easy-Bake cupcake mix at Target. I love my Easy-Bake Oven, probably more than most 10 year olds do. Usually the concoctions from the Easy-Bake are really fun to make but a little on the gross side (however, I really enjoyed the Pop-Tarts!). We were both skeptical when we saw the size of the cupcake pan. Each circle was about the size of a quarter. Also, they were not the traditional cupcake shape but rather a round indentation in the pan. Oh well...... how could I turn down something that combines my two loves.

breaking the lumps in the powder mix the batter after the recommended 1 tsp of water it took more than 1 tablespoon of water to get this consistency
the frosting after the recommended 1/2 tsp of water
after 2 teaspoons of water
the baked cakes (and the Easy-Bake Oven)
Aren't they adorable???
They were actually pretty good.

After about 45 minutes, we had 8 (only 7 in the picture because of my compulsion to always eat one warm and unfrosted) adorable little cupcakes that actually tasted alright!

No comments: