Flour Child Bakery opens in Virginia Beach!

My mom and I just opened a bakery in Virginia Beach!! "Like" us to stay updated! If you care to read our blog, it's flourchildbakery.blogspot.com.



Tuesday, September 4, 2007

French Toast Cupcakes

After my last excuse to use leftover cinnamon cream cheese frosting turned into a disaster, I was excited when Natalie from Bake & Destroy recommended these French Toast Cupcakes to me! They are so yummy, and the cinnamon cream cheese is perfect on top! I had one for breakfast with a multivitamin (Natalie Dee is onto something).

ingredients (the brown stuff is maple extract + milk)cooling..... they smelled SO good!Ladies & Gentlemen, meet the French Toast Cupcake!

Recipe from Julie Hasson's 125 Best Cupcake Recipes.

MY NOTES: I used a dark pan so I reduced my oven temp by 15 degrees (I know it's supposed to be 25 degrees). Mine were done at 17 minutes. I got 14 cupcakes out of this recipe. I couldn't really taste the maple so I'll probably add 1/2 or 1 teaspoon more next time. Also, some chopped pecans in the frosting might be delicious!

French Toast Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and then cooled
2 eggs
1 tsp maple extract
1/2 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 350'F and line baking pan with paper liners.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Make sure the butter is cool or you’ll have scrambled eggs.
4. Whisk in maple extract and then alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk. Make three additions of flour mix and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
5. Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
6. Cool the cupcakes on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.

Look HERE for frosting recipe!

3 comments:

. . . said...

mmm. i've been wanting to make this recipe for a while now. i'm glad they got a good review from you!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I totally need to make a french toast cupcake, my husband loves the stuff!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

melisser, these cupcakes ARE delicious but they are no competition to real french toast!

:D